|  Home  |  About  |  Contact  | 

Friday, September 21, 2012

Healthy banana muffin

My little boy just started preschool,
and at 9 a.m.
Which sadly to say is a rush for us :)
So, this year, I am up for quick and easy breakfasts!
I searched Pinterest, Oh how I love you Pinterest & found this recipe.
I made them ... and ... he loves them!
Yea! A healthy breakfast that is quick!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick and healthy banana muffins


2 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
1 single serving cup of plain greek yogurt
2 eggs ( can substitute 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed for 1 egg)
1/2 cup sweetener
(So, I experimented with sweeteners. I used honey only in one recipe and in the other I cut down the sugar to 1/3 c. and used 2 T honey.  The sugar recipe is definitely a lot tastier. So I would recommend using 1/3 c. brown or white sugar with 2 T. honey)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ripe bananas

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. I would advise to put the yogurt & eggs at the bottom of your blender to result in a easy blend. 
Blend until oats are smooth.
2. Line cupcake pan with foil cupcake liners. Because this recipe has no flour, it tends to stick to the paper liners. 
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean. 
4. Let cool and enjoy!

Adapted from dashingdish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment