|  Home  |  About  |  Contact  | 

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Banana Bread Bake Off

A Banana Bread Bake-Off!!!


My kids love banana bread.
With my little girl being picky - this is always a way to get some calories in her.
I grew up on banana bread and we have all turned out rather thin -
so I just suggest everything in moderation right?
I found a banana bread recipe years ago and have stuck with it.
I wanted to venture out see if it really was better than other recipes.
So, I made four loaves with four different recipes in one afternoon.
With a variety of recipe ingredients from oil to butter, brown sugar to white sugar, etc.
I think I found a winner!
It was also won by all four mouth that tasted it.

The favorite banana bread

Adapted from: simplyrecipes.com

3 or 4 ripe and smashed bananas
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

In a large bowl, add bananas and butter. Mix until well blended. Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture in bowl and stir until well blended. Add the cinnamon and flour and stir until just mixed. 
Pour all ingredients into a 4x8 inch greased bread pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment